Friday, May 10, 2013

I Do Not Know How To Pronounce The URL To This Blog


Well, here I am. Starting another blog. After chronicling a semester abroad, I realized that I really enjoy blogging. Putting my thoughts out there, going on tangents, letting cyberspace know all the mundane details....I love it. And since blogs are so focused on self (although the purpose of the blog may be for others, the content is usually about that individuals lifestyle, DIY projects, fashion, adventures, etc) (notice: I said "I" four times in like three sentences) this is a nice place for me to decide what I want to talk about and share myself with whoever ends up following along. In addition, the beauty of a blog is that it doesn't necessarily have to be high maintenance. I make no promises about how frequently posts will be made here, and this may just be a thing this summer while I have little to no social life living in my hometown which hasn't actually been my home for around two years now.

It's kind of the middle of the night right now, so I'm  not entirely sure how much sense I'm making, but I don't entirely care to go back and edit it. Reader discretion advised: I don't edit blogs before posting them, aside from a quick skim through to ensure what I post is not entirely nonsensical. I realize that there's a double negative in that statement, and I'll leave it right there. Grammar Nazis and English majors out there: be warned. I'm not here to impress you.


That being said, I really am tired. But I feel the need to explain this blog real quick, because doing it later will just be a chore and I'll probably be in the mood to talk about something else.


The title to this blog: "Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Be afraid of nothing." is my paraphrase from a book I've been reading recently by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (yes, you guessed it, I've been reading through The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Unfortunately, the pace at which I've been reading is utterly shameful due to my over-investment in social networking and/or my ADHD and recent propensity to read articles more than actual literature). I really like that quote and feel that it relates to where I'm at right now. Although I'm back in Texas, which seems (and literally is) very far from the excitement of Europe, life is what I make of it. I could come back and live a drab existence, or I can live my life to it's full potential (cliche, sure, but true). And really, the only thing to be afraid of is fear itself (I'm full of cliche's).


To explain the URL to this blog (I'm working on learning how to pronounce it): that word "ewlychiad" is the Welsh word for efflorescence (thanks to the wonderful BBC translator). Efflorescence is a word used in chemistry, but also means 1. the state or a period of flowering. Or 2. an example or result of growth and development. It's become more and more apparent over the last few months that I am immersed in a time of changing and becoming, so that's why that's significant. Why translate it into Welsh? Partly because I'm moderately obsessed with traveling/going back to Europe. Partly because the URL "efflorescence.blogger.com" is already taken and I was too lazy to come up with something new. 


Why have a bike background, Lydia? Well folks, I  just think it's cute.


So here's my blog and now you know the reason for the titles and the names. Now to bed and I will hopefully be more entertaining in the future. Welcome aboard and goodnight!


Also I don't know what the deal is or why everything has to be highlighted....

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7547383/?claim=pj34nachj2y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment