Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Goal Struggles

This summer is about being self taught and self motivated. I only work part time, and after I got over how I have no life this summer I've been fighting laziness and lethargy (because who really wants to be outside when it's over 95 degrees out there?-----says the girl who spent the past two summers working OUTSIDE at camps...).

There's three things I really want to accomplish this summer:

  1. Get through all the levels of Duolingo's awesome app for German
  2. Pass the Biology CLEP (so I never in my life have to take another science related course-thank God)
  3. Read a ton of books (I have a 50 book goal for 2013 that I need to do some work on)
  4. JK four things. Getting fit and continuing to eat healthy (Thank you Europe for your small portions and absurd prices on food) [just added this because it's something I'm working on]
Learning German has been pretty fun, and the app sends me daily reminders and emails to keep me from slacking. Memorization is one of the things I'm worst at in life, but the reminders help me keep on, even when I get discouraged.

I bought some new books this summer (thanks, Amazon) so if I don't finish those before school starts I'm just going to feel like I wasted my time and money. I've been doing alright, but I still have a lot to do. And it's important to remember to love reading, even if I am trying to reach a goal.

And the Biology stuff---it's been a drag. I get really into studying for a couple days, then avoid looking at it for a couple weeks. But now that I only have a couple weeks left, I'll probably start doing better (since I typically work well under pressure-which is sometimes a lifesaver in college). Every time I think about Biology, I feel like I'm driving the struggle bus. How am I supposed to learn a year's worth of college level biology on my own in a few weeks? I don't know, y'all, but I'm going to do it. I've wanted to just say "forget it" and do something more enjoyable with my life. But I can't quit now.

There's only a month left, and I still have a lot of work to do to accomplish everything I wanted to do this summer. This (and many other sports pump it up speeches  I've wasted time on YouTube watching) is inspiring  and just what I needed to get me off my butt (literally and figuratively) and do work.


No comments:

Post a Comment