Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Help Me Help You

This blog post is for you people of the world who enjoy walking, running, or biking, and own or have access to a smart phone of some sort and a desire to help some people out. (Or just whoever stumbles upon this little blog, welcome!).

There's this lovely app called Charity Miles which donates 10 cents a mile for bikers and 25 cents per mile for those who would prefer to walk or run. So if you were to run a 5k, that's about 75 cents toward an organization of your choice. You might think "wow, only 75 cents for 3.1 miles?". Wrong. "Wow! Running those 3.1 miles just put 75 cents toward something great!". There ya go.

Who do they donate to? Over twenty charities (the specifics are listed on their facebook page), helping the world become a better place by assisting those with mental and physical disabilities, providing food for those who normally wouldn't be able to eat, and much more.

I just thought I would share this with the blogosphere because everyone walks (at the very least) at least enough to help out a bit, and I know people out there who run many many more miles than I do over the course of a week who could be making a slightly more awesome impact on the world.

It's also a great motivation for me to get out and run more often; it's exciting to know that if I get off my butt and do some work today I can at the very least put fifty cents or a couple bucks toward a worthy cause while also helping myself stay fit, healthy, and strong. It's a win-win for everyone. So check it out, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment